09 december 2011

Basic Cookies


I was 7 or 8, the night before it finally snowed after a few winters without it, and me and my brothers played in the snow and all of us were cold and wet. We went inside, put on our pajama´s and my mom made some hot chocolate milk. While we were heating up, we were baking cookies. That´s why I love to bake cookies. It reminds me of the good old times. And it´s one of the first things I ever baked! :) Back then we had cutters of cats, people, hearts, flowers and even houses. Nowadays I keep it simple. Maybe now and then some flowers. 




You can decorate them with M&M´s, colored sugar, mini marshmallows etc.


The cookies:

125gr unsalted butter
75gr brown sugar (dark or light)
250gr all purpose flower
1 egg
10gr vanilla sugar
pinch of salt

There isn´t a specific way of making this dough. Just combine all these ingredients into a large bowl and start working the dough with your hands. Or you can mix it with a hand mixer or with a Kitchenaid (I love love love Kitchenaid, except their prices..). Once that is done you can or start working immediately or put in you fridge for a while.

Once you start working with the completed dough you can cut out any figure you want and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to preheat your oven to 175C or 345F. Bake them for 10-15 minutes until they´re golden brown.

The glace:

1 eggwhite
225gr powdered sugar
1tspn lemon juice.

Start whisking the eggwhite until it´s nice smooth, white and foamy. Then slowly add the powdered sugar. Finally add the lemon juice and voilà, the glace is done. When using it for cookies or cupcakes or even normal cakes, let the glace dry about 3 hours (after applying it) before eating it.

Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten