20 april 2012

Mini Apple Pies


 First of all, sorry of the lack of updates.. Let's see, last time I posted something was LAST YEAR! Ok, it was in december but still last year! To tell you the reason why, it's because I'm in my senior year of high school and it has all been really hectic, 'cause I really want to go to college..





This week is just another testweek for me but I had a really stupid test today and I was filled (for a moment) with energy and decided to make some old-school cookies. While making the dough I suddenly had an idea: why not make mini-apple pie's.*Challenge Accepted!* So I took a mini-cupcake tray and instead of lining it with cupcake liners I filled it with the dough and then a homemade apple mixture.

It was a bit of a challenge but it came out pretty nice. :) Mission accomplished



About my testweek, this is (hopefully) my last testweek of my entire high school 'career' and (hopefully) I'll have more time. I'm filled with lost and lost of idea's and it's now about just finding the right time to do it all.

La recette (the recipe):


Le dough:
(For 24 mini-apple-pies)

125 gr unsalted butter
250 gr all purpose flour
75 gr granulated sugar
1 egg
1 little bag of vanilla sugar (or use vanilla extract)
Pinch of salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

For most recipes the butter has to be at room temperature, but not here! Cold = Good!

Before I forget: preheat your oven to 160C or 320F.

1. Cut the (cold) butter into little cubes and put it in your bowl.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and cinnamon and add it to the butter.
3. Don't get scared now, yes you have to work the dough with your hands! At least, that's the best way to get nice cookies :) (Btw, obviously your hands need to be clean and cold, otherwise the dough get's really sticky and you don't want that ;)
4. When the dry ingredients are almost mixed in with the butter, than add the egg and work the dough until you get a nice and smooth dough.

Now it's up to you, are you making these (delicious!) mini apple pies or just cookies?

For the cookies: just do what you always do with cookie dough.
For the mini-pies: take your cupcake tray and first grease it with butter or something else non-sticking and line your cupcake mold/form/how-do-you-call-that-thing (?) with your dough and fill it with my apple-inside-a-pie-recipe (down below) and cover it up just the way you would like it.

My Apple-Inside-A-Pie-Recipe:
(For 24 mini-apple-pies)

2 regular apples
1,5 tablespoon of granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
some raisins (you can choose your own amount)

1. Peel the apples and cut it into little (and I mean little) cubes and put it in a bowl.
2.  Than add the sugar and cinnamon and stir until everything is well combined.
3. For the raisins, I recommend to soak it in handwarm water for a few minutes so they won't be as hard as they are when they're dry.

Again, fill your little pies and cover it up and put it in the oven for 12-16 minutes and you are done!

Eet smakelijk!!

(Dutch for bon appetit)






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten